Friday, March 8, 2013

DoodleHugs Review!

I'm soooo excited to tell you about this wonderful company called DoodleHugs!
I was contacted by the owner and crafter of these awesome huggable creations, Karon.
Here is a little awesomeness about Karon.

Hi I'm Karon...

Your child's artwork is my inspiration to craft a soft, huggable toy. I will reproduce the design as close as possible using colorful soft fabrics. These custom made soft toys are one of a kind.

I have been a crafter for over 30 years. My hobbies are crafting, sewing and crocheting - usually with my own designs. My craft designs have been featured in national publications.

I have made numerous toys for children and I love seeing them smile with that first big hug.


All DoodleHugs are proudly made in the USA.
If you have any questions or special requests please contact Karon at Karon@doodlehugs.com


How much does it cost?
Prices start at $65 and up, depending on complexity and details in the child’s drawing along with the size of the soft toy. Please email Karon at Karon@doodlehugs.com and attach a copy of the child's drawing for a quote or use the Request a Quote Form. Shipping charges (postage and handling) are $10 for U.S. destinations. For international destinations, a shipping quote will be supplied.

How big is the soft toy?
Usually around 12 to 20 inches wide or long.

How do I send the drawing to you?
You can upload an image of the drawing (jpg, gif, pdf files only) in the Request a Quote Form or you can send it as an attachment to Karon@doodlehugs.com.

How long will it take?
From two to six weeks after payment is processed. Rush orders are possible, but there will be an additional cost which will be quote for you.

What are the toys made of?
A wide range of fabrics that include cotton solids and prints, fleece, felt, flannels, other embellishments, etc. The toys are stuffed with new, hypoallergenic 100% polyester fiberfill. Not intended for children under 3.

What if I’m not happy with the DoodleHug?
Refunds are not provided as these are custom designed one-of-a-kind items. However, once you receive the DoodleHug, if there is a problem, you are welcome to contact Karon and she will try to make adjustments. Additional charges may apply.

Can I specify the fabrics I want or can I send you some fabric (an old favorite piece of clothing or blanket) to be used in the soft toy?
Sure, if it is a fabric she thinks work with, Karon will be happy to incorporate it.

Do you have examples of DoodleHugs?
Please view Karon's gallery by clicking here.


 My Opinion-
I think this idea is so frickin' AWESOME! I am artistic and I can proudly say that I handed down the art gene to Kat! She and I are always doodling or crafting. I still have art work from my youth, I knew I kept them for a reason, to show her where she got her talent from! Ok, we may not be the best artists in the world but, to us we are frickin'  Leonardo da Vinci's LOL
The night I got the email from Karon and showed Kat, she was like a little printing press at the kitchen table with her art pad and crayons.

Katie's current fascination
Zombie girl
(From the mind of Katie)

Kat had a very hard time choosing which one to have Karon make for her.
I told her to go with what is fun and exciting!
So she choose the Zombie girl!!
Which was a fabulous choice! Zombie girl is so adorable(I love the mind of my Kat) She has such a wonderful imagination!

Here is the finished product!!

Kat Loves her Zombie girl!!








We are so very impressed with the details and craftsmanship, if you notice on the photos Karon even made the bite chunk from Zombie girls side, Karon is amazing!
I highly recommend checking her website out and bringing your children's art to life!!





(Kisses from the girls)
xox

 {Thank you to Karon @ DoodleHugs for their product for review! This product was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was received for the review.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you again my friend....

I recently lost my long life best friend to an addiction that caused her health to deteriorate and eventually took her life. In the las...